istanbul is an exociti

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Diwani outline

During my trip to Istanbul I realised that one of the artworks/handcrafts/souvenirs which tourists take/buy/consume in Istanbul is Diwani calligraphy which is a branch of Arabic/Persian calligraphy, & unfortunately lost of people can't read it any more because the official alphabet change in the turkey history & perhaps the change of education system ( may be after the fall of Ottoman empire! am I right?)
here is my attempt to copy the name of exociti in Persian with a bit of Diwani calligraphic seasonings vs Graffiti spray paint!
I know It might look terrible now but I'll keep practicing!
href="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3237/134/1600/diwani-out-line.jpg">

A found image over the web:

1 Comments:

Blogger der krusche said...

huh! what a job!

>>may be after the fall of Ottoman empire! am I right?)<<
I read, it was developed to ovoid falsification of official papers. (16th and 17th century.)

so there might have been no use in modern red tape-situation ;-)))

>>here is my attempt to copy the name of exociti in Persian with a bit of Diwani calligraphic <<
I am allways astonished by those *strange codes*.

I came along with the *cyrillica* on the balkans. but I got no Idea how to *decrypt* this ...

:-))
martin

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home